12.24.2013

THINGS I'VE LEARNED ABOUT THE 1ST THREE MONTHS OF BLOGGING

blogging tips, three months blogging, fashion blogger, blogger experience
Icicle and sunset- Photo from my Instagram @canvasjune


Merry Christmas and happy new year everyone! It's been three months since I created and started this blog (September 24th was my first post). I never thought I could keep this going for such a long time. Blogging can really take a lot of your time and energy, more than what I could imagine, but a busy life is just what I wanted. I'm so glad I decided to be a blogger and I've learned so much from it. I've been reading and researching about how to run a successful blog.
It feels like I haven't read so much English since I passed my TOFLE exam. I want to share some of my experiences with you but I'm still a learning, so please leave your comments if you have any suggestions or tips on how to run a fashion blog.

1. Update your post. 

A lot of bloggers who work full-time for their blog usually take the weekend off and post on the weekdays. I think this is a very good posting schedule to have and leaves you with some personal time. Don't let the blog ruin your normal, everyday life! So I do my best to post at least 5 articles a week and keep it updated frequently.

2. Quality post. 

I think the key to keeping good readership is always having good quality posts. Don't rush to post a low quality article. If you don't have any ideas, take a day off and inspiration will come to you!

3. Schedule your post. 

I've heard that some bloggers schedule posts a month ahead for their blog. I think this is what I need to get done too, and is my next big goal. Right now, I'm just on the edge of scheduling a week ahead of time, but sometimes I feel this puts a lot of pressure and stress on me. I will try to schedule posts two weeks ahead starting next week. Wish me luck!

4. Promote your post.

The most important thing for a blog is getting people to read it. Social networking is the best way to get people's attention. There are so many different social networks and I've signed up for most of them. My favorites are Instagram and Pinterest, which I have recieved the most attention from. As of today I have 450+ followers on Instagram and 80+ followers on Pinterest. I know the numbers are not so big, but when I look back on when I signed up for the accounts from 0 followers and I feel very delighted by my achievement. I haven't done very well on other networks like Facebook, Twitter, and Google. I think I should continue to learn about them and do some additional research about the best way to utilize them. I think the key for all the social networks are similar; be social, be polite, and be active.

5. Support other bloggers.

Visit other blogs and leave nice comments, some bloggers will come back to your blog and you might even make some new friends! Check the blogs you like regularly and follow their social networks. There are a lot of sites that are built for bloggers like Bloglovin, IFB, Lookbook, and Chictopia. You can find a lot of bloggers have the same interests as you.

What are your blogging tips? I'm happy to hear from you!

If you like my blog, please follow me on FacebookInstagram and Twitter for updates.

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment