1.26.2014

A PARTY OF COLORS

match colors, how to match colors, principle of color matching, color matching tool, colorful mittens, white and red mittens, orange mittens, blue mittens, canvas june mittens, color design

I've never been too concerned about matching colors until I started retailing personal designs in my etsy.com shop.
I learned some aesthetics of color matching during my seven years of training as a product designer, so I do follow some principals of color. When it comes to fashion, I really don't stick to any specific rule, if I feel that colors look good with each other, then it will be my final result. But for my product designs, I've had to retrain myself for the principles of color matching, and bring my work to a professional level. After I deeply explored market research, I discovered a tool on the internet that helps pick out what colors will look good together. Color Blender is one of my best finds, it starts with one color and gives you another five colors that match with it. I think this is really awesome and saves me from staring at a color wheel! When I was designing these mittens I didn't use this tool, but you'll never go wrong when a single color is matched with a neutral tone or even the same hue with a different saturation.

match colors, how to match colors, principle of color matching, color matching tool, colorful mittens, white and red mittens, orange mittens, blue mittens, canvas june mittens, color design

If you like my blog, please follow me on FacebookInstagram and Twitter for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment