1.19.2014

DIY BEANIE

DIY beanies, DIY beanies with steps, DIY beanies from old sweaters, handmade beanies, pink beanies, how to make beanies from a old sweater, DIY winter hats, fashion blogger DIY
DIY handmade beanies, made from an old sweater, has been on my to-do list for quite some time. I was also craving a bright beanie for my wardrobe to help liven up some of my outfits. I finally got around to making one from a pink sweater yesterday. I'm so happy with how it came out and I can't wait to wear it with some of my outfits for photographs. It was super easy and only took me about 10 minutes to make. Here is how I did it:


DIY beanies, DIY beanies with steps, DIY beanies from old sweaters, handmade beanies, pink beanies, how to make beanies from a old sweater, DIY winter hats, fashion blogger DIY


Steps:

1. Prepare an old sweater, scissors, sewing machine, and grab a beanie you usually wear to measure your size.
2. Cut the bottom of the sweater off, whatever length is desired.
3. Cut the bottom open along the seam.
4. Use your beanie as the measurement and cut the excess length off.
5. Fold the sweater piece into 3 or 4 layers. (I did 3)
6. Cut a curve for the beanie dome on top.
7. Sew the two edges together.
8. Sew the top curve edges next to each other.
9. Cut the excess part off along the seam, flip it over, and you're done!

DIY beanies, DIY beanies with steps, DIY beanies from old sweaters, handmade beanies, pink beanies, how to make beanies from a old sweater, DIY winter hats, fashion blogger DIY

DIY beanies, DIY beanies with steps, DIY beanies from old sweaters, handmade beanies, pink beanies, how to make beanies from a old sweater, DIY winter hats, fashion blogger DIY

If you like my blog, please follow me on FacebookInstagram and Twitter for updates. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment