2.03.2014

SPRING FESTIVAL

dumplings, dumpling recipe, chinese dumplings, spring festival, chinese new year,homemade dumplings
This past Thursday was the Chinese New Year, a.k.a. Spring Festival. As everyone knows, the most important activity on Spring Festival is to make homemade dumplings.
In the past, I've always spent the New Year with family or friends. This was my first time making dumplings by myself with my fiancĂ© who has never made dumplings before. Thanks to the wrapping skills I learned from my mom, I did a decent job, but my fiancĂ© really created some interesting looking ones (it was cute). If you want to make your own Chinese dumplings, I found a great recipe on foodandwine.com that has detailed steps for making the dumpling dough right down to cooking them. This year I bought pre-made dough from the Asian market and they worked pretty well too. Just make sure that all the edges are all pinched together so nothing spills out. Happy Spring Festival!!

dumplings, dumpling recipe, chinese dumplings, spring festival, chinese new year,homemade dumplings

H&M knit sweater

If you like my blog, please follow me on FacebookInstagram and Twitter for updates. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment